This recipe is a variant of the NYTimes' "Midnight Pasta", crossed with Cong you mian (葱油面).
- Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Green Onion
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Salt the pot and bring spaghetti to a boil.
- Pour olive oil into a pan over medium heat. When shimmering, add in diced garlic. Cook for a few minutes, and then add in the anchovies.
- To the sauce mixture, add in the green onion and pepper flakes. Taste a tiny bit (careful, the oil is hot) and adjust as needed.
- When spaghetti is al dente (taste to test!), strain. Mix into the pan with the sauce, and gently toss until noodles are covered with the sauce mixture.
- Top with black pepper and parmesan cheese as desired.
Back to All Recipes