Stir Fried Tomatoes and Eggs (番茄炒蛋）
The classic Chinese dish, good anytime, anywhere.
- Green Onion
- Heat the pan with some oil. As the pan is heating, wash, clean, and slice the tomatoes. I usually cut small tomatoes (egg-sized) into quarters, and larger beefsteaks into eighths. At the same time, chop the green onion.
- When the oil looks shimmery, slide in the tomatoes. I like to leave the tomatoes alone for a while before stirring with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with salt (2 good handfuls), as well as the whites of the green onion. Turn the heat to medium.
- When the tomatoes are starting to give up their juices, turn the heat to low and cover the pan. Let it continue to simmer.
- While waiting for the tomatoes, crack the eggs. Scramble eggs together in separate bowl, adding a pinch of salt and some leftovr green onion whites.
- Taste the tomatoes and add salt and sugar. When the tomatoes look almost done, cook the scrambled eggs in a separate pan over medium heat. When the eggs are partially solidified, pour the eggs into the tomato mixture to finish cooking. Garnish with the greens of the green onion.
Back to All Recipes