Gongbao Chicken (宫保鸡丁）
This is a nice winter food to prepare in advance. You can make a lot of the fried peanuts.
- Chicken breasts
- Dried tofu
- Broad bean chili sauce (豆瓣酱)
- Tianmiang sauce (甜面酱)
- Cooking wine, tapioca flour
- Chop the chicken breasts and tofu into small cubes
- Fry the peanuts gently over oil. Be very careful to not allow the peanuts to get burnt.
- Marinade chicken cubes with cooking wine, tapioca flour, and set aside.
- Stir-fry the chicken breasts until brown and tender.
- Add in dried tofu cubes and cook until tender.
- Add in water, 豆瓣酱 and 甜面酱 until it is at taste.
- When serving, toss in fried peanuts.
Back to All Recipes