Rice Cakes - (年糕）
- Frozen, sliced rice cakes (from Korean grocery store)
- Pork or beef slices (tenderloin slices)
- Cabbage, Napa cabbage (大白菜）, Qing cai
- Cooking wine, salt, sugar, water
- Thaw out rice cakes and begin heating up oil in wok.
- Start frying meat slices, which should be cut into thin strips. Add cooking wine, salt, sugar.
- If using napa cabbage, cook together with meat. If using cabbage, then remove the meat and stir-fry cabbage alone. Add a bit of salt.
- Add in the rice cakes and stir-fry over high heat with just a little bit of water added. If there is already liquid from frying the vegetables, then no need to add additional water.
- Cover the pot and cook until the rice cakes are soft and tender. Serve immediately.
Back to All Recipes