Standard Pork Filling (猪肉馅）
This is a standard filling to put in wontons, potstickers, lotus pancakes, meatballs etc.
- Fresh ground pork. 1 pound is usually enough. Medium fatty pork is typically okay. It's better to pick your own pork to be ground, if possible.
- Rice wine
- Scallion, ginger
- Light soy sauce, salt, sugar
- White pepper (optional), cornstarch (optional)
- Dice ginger and chop scallions.
- Place ground pork in a large bowl or small pot. Add water and rice wine, and using chopsticks, stir the ground pork to make it more chewy.
- Add salt, sugar, light soy sauce, ginger, scallion, white pepper (optional) as you are mixing.
- Do not overadd flavorings, because you can cook samples of the filling as you go and adjust taste.
- The key is to have the right amount of water in the filling, which is probably more than you think.
- You can add an egg or starch water into the filling as well. You need quite a bit of water. In the end, you should not be able to see any liquid remaining.
- Use in any of the aforementioned dishes.
Back to All Recipes