Pickled Vegetables with Broad Beans (咸菜豆瓣酥）
- Frozen broad beans (no shells)
- (as fresh as possible) pickled vegetables - optimally, 雪里红
- Oil, salt, sugar
- Slightly thaw out the broad beans.
- Add a little bit of oil to a pan. Gently fry the broad beans in the pan.
- Add water to the pan to cook the beans until fully soft.
- Using a wooden spoon, crush the beans until into a chunky paste.
- Taste your pickled vegetables, and wash/cut if needed. Depending on how salty the vegetables are, add the pickled vegetables to your preference. Start with a little bit and slowly add in.
- Add a bit more water so that nothing burns/gets too dried. Turn down to low heat.
- Add salt and sugar to taste. Adding sugar is very important to make sure that the saltiness comes out.
- Mix and cook until water is gone.
Back to All Recipes